View Single Post
smoka 09:26 PM 09-23-2014
So I pulled my kid and talked to the provider and asked to see the area she had the car seat. It turns out it was not a closet but a door with stairs leading to a dark basement / laundry room (not quite as bad as a closet). Provider also stated that the door was not fully closed but cracked open so she could hear the baby. I don't know if I believe it all due to the fact that she rushed to get her out when I got there and the situation just looked like she was doing something wrong and the baby was crying loudly. I pulled my child out that day and we're actively searching for new providers. We may have to go with a part time nanny since most good providers have a 3-4 month wait

Anyways, I discussed with her that babies that age (9 months) need to be held and rocked to sleep rather than be put in a dark place (at least our baby). I also provided her with a print-out of the law stating that babies should not be put to sleep in car seats (thanks TwinKristi). She said that other parents specifically request that their kids be put in a dark place to sleep, but that was never discussed with us. There was an oerall lack of communication with this provider and she always said everything is going good when we pick her up. There is no writeup like most group daycares have for infants so we have to ask everything.

Sorry, but I could not report her. As someone said earlier, it could just come to "he said, she said". I did reiterate several times that her communication throughout my child's 3 months there was not good and that this last incident is reportable.

Originally Posted by Wednesday:
I'm hoping we're not all falling, hook, line and sinker, for a troll.
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Sounds like a troll to me also
I hope you're not calling me a troll. Why the heck would I waste all this time explaining an elaborate situation?