View Single Post
Controlled Chaos 02:19 PM 05-30-2015
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
I surf the internet during naptime. I make phone calls if I have to while they're here. Most doctors' offices, etc. close by the time kids leave. I even go to the bathroom while they're here. He!!, you can turn to look at 1 dck and something happens to another in that instant. That whole mindset of constantly having your attention on everybody every single second is absurdly unrealistic. I'll bet even if the ratio was 1:1, something would happen. Unless you carried each child all day long.
Yes, things do happen. It's called life. I'm not saying we can neglect them or ignore them or just send 'em all outside during the day while we sit on our butts and eat Ben and Jerry's(which I prefer over bon-bons).

As with a lot of the regulations the state holds over our heads nowadays, I feel this one to be unrealistic.

I feel the majority of us here do the very best we can with what we have. We're always striving for new ideas, suggestions, ways to do this or that that's better for the children we can for. Look at us, a lot of us are here on weekends still thinking, working, living child care. The state wants us to become sterile higher learning institutions, teaching their child geometry by kindergarten and brushing their teeth after every single time they eat anything. Do parents do this? Do the schools do this? And they've all got staff, aides, partners to help them. Lots of us are alone doing it ourselves. Most places of employment grant their employees breaks during the day. Isn't that a law? Do we get any breaks? No, so we have to look for the quietest moments in our day to make a call, breathe a little, reach out for support.

Going back to read this over, I'll probably sound like a Class A bit@h but it's nothing against the OP question. It's because I'm getting so sick of the state always breathing down our necks, telling us how to run our business, what exactly we have to do, what's not allowed, You have to feed the kids certain things, you even should hang certain posters of pictures(if you're in STARS). I even went to a training once where the presenter suggested when we sing Five Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed, we change it to something else because of the usage of monkeys. Gimme a break. At least it isn't a rule yet.

Things were oh so different back 30 years ago. And I don't feel I did a bad job of teaching my firstborn without all these rules and regulations. He graduated 4.0 and is a very intelligent, honorable, respectable human being. And I don't teach the dcks anything less now.

*sigh* I might be done venting about the state now.
What's wrong with monkeys?!