View Single Post
Country Kids 12:28 PM 06-01-2015
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
You just said in another post that either agency (licensing or QRIS) reports to the other if you aren't following a rule.

So after all that back and forth.... I will repeat the statement I made earlier...

"QRIS is not the law. They cannot tell you as a child care provider that you cannot use the internet or other forms of electronic media while providing care to children"

I understand that by participating in QRIS, you VOLUNTARILY agree to that but it is not a state law set forth for ALL child care providers. Same as the food program. You (the provider) are voluntarily agreeing to their policies.

The OP is implying the use of electronics/technology is a state licensing rule.

I would like to read what her state's rules specifically say about that.

Like the rules in DaycareDiva's state. However, even the rules in her state read as if the are talking about the daycare kids not the provider. So again, open to interpretation.
What I meant in the one post was if I'm not following a QRIS rule and it is also the same as a rule from the Dept. of Education I can see them being able to report us to each other even though they are two seperate agencies.

Our food program turns providers in all the time to Dept. of Education here.

I guess I'm really confused why you think QRIS can't tell us that we can't use electonic media? That is the rules they set forth and we have to abide by if we are in the program. It would be the same as the food program, they have rules and we have to abide by them.