View Single Post
Mom2Two 06:34 PM 07-27-2016
I realize that you might not see this as a good suggestion...but I know that in your situation, having been a veteran of IFSP, EI, and now EIPs, I personally would go back to having your own daycare, take the appointments that work for you, and wait for time slots that work for you for other services. Decline services (don't decline the assessments or goals if possible, just decline less appointments) that don't fit in your schedule. I don't mean to be rude, but what they offer is often not so truly helpful that it's worth upending your life for it.

DD was in Sped pre-k for two years. I know that it was a great environment and all that. But I never knew what was going on. On the last day of her second year (when she had just turned five), I came in and met with her speech person, who explained more to me about how to work with her at home. Now, she has distance ed speech (we homeschool) and I work with her.

I could go on and on about how to work with your LO at home. But also, when he turns three and can get into sped pre-k, if it's like here, they will come TO YOUR HOME and bus him to the location and back.

I'm not even saying everything I want to say. It's just not worth upending your life for what they do. You CAN learn how to do most of what they do.