View Single Post
Blackcat31 03:36 PM 03-19-2013
Personally, I would have termed the family the minute I found out they were doping and dropping.

I do NOT allow parents to medicate their child for unknown reasons and then leave them with me.

Parents are allowed to medicate for KNOWN issues/pain from ear infection etc as long as they tell me about it and sign/date the written form I have for this.

As for the DCB getting impetigo, I would be leary but I wouldn't exclude as it is only spreadable if he touches the fluid from the sores/scabs his sister has. It is NOT spread from touching things. http://www.hennepin.us/files/Hennepi...s6impetigo.pdf

I do not exclude a sibling if one is sick and the other is not or is not showing signs of being sick. In cases of extreme illnesses I may do so but have not had the issue come up as of yet.

If I told a parent they had to keep the non-sick sibling home, I would not charge as I don't feel that is fair. Unless it is written in your policies that they must keep sibling home and still pay.

I think the issue here is the rules weren't followed. Maybe because you allowed them to sneak by or because they simply take advantage...I don't know for sure, but I do know I would have nipped the sneaky behavior in the bud immediately when I first suspected anything funky going down...kwim?