View Single Post
JLH 02:37 PM 03-20-2013
Originally Posted by MamaBearCanada:
I would term the family because they seem to be a problem. How does your contract cover excluding a child who is not sick? And still charging for that? I can see why you would not want him attending, I'm just wondering how you word that and get parents to agree. If I did not want the child attending I personally would not charge because the parent is going to have to find someone else to watch their (currently) well child and what if he never develops what the sibling has?
I told the parent that I was getting ready to call the health department and my licensor to find out what I was legally obligated to do. I told her that my gut instinct and my preference would be for her to keep him home but if she wanted to bring him anyways, then I would be taking these measures to ensure I was doing my part legally. I also told her that if me or any of my family members caught impetigo we would be closing for a bare minimum of 3 days and no one would have childcare. After a loud sigh, she opted to keep him home at that point.