View Single Post
lovemykidstoo 03:32 PM 04-09-2019
Originally Posted by CountryRoads:
My son is in sports and games have started. To make all the games, I will have to close early a few days. The earliest would be closing at 4.

Last year, I didn't close early at all and missed half of some of his games.

The final straw last year was when I had a DCM tell me she was going to be late picking up dcb. I told her that doesn't work that day because my son has a BB game. Her response? "Sorry, but that's the best I can do."

Um, NO. Dcd ended up coming right at closing time in his pajama pants and slippers. Seriously?? And I missed almost the entire first half.

Help me not feel bad about this! I know it is going to inconvenience all of my families, and I'm hesitant to tell them. Please tell me that you all do the same thing and I shouldn't feel bad at all lol
Do not feel bad at all. My son ran cross country and track, my daughter was in poms. The reason I started a daycare was to make time for my kids and family. I gave ample notice, so I didn't feel bad at all. I always thought of all of the times I had kids 10 hours a day when mom and dad were off. Made me feel better lol. Don't miss your kids things, you will regret it. Just make sure to give plenty of notice.