View Single Post
Unregistered 02:22 AM 05-27-2011
OP here, After being blown off/ignored by DCM at pick up and her making a small rude gesture for spite she then she texted again in the evening asking for me to allow her kid to come tomorrow after all. I have made the decision to terminate this family and just pray I can fill the spot soon. To avoid possible retaliation and the drama that would surely follow after giving the real reason why (mama drama) I decided to go another route and would like opinions on such.

I have been thinking for months about changing my daycare times because my family doesn't get a single meal together and I have this particular child into the evening at least 6:30 sometimes 7:00. My daycare closes at 6:00 but I allow 30 mins everyday for her and sometimes she is still late. Also a result my own child feels he doesn't have enough quality alone time with me. So I have decided to go this route and use this excuse as it too has been brewing in my mind for many months. Using this reason will allow me to term without the drama or as much, because DCM will not be able to pick the child up by the new closing time which will be 5:00 PM. The other child in care is picked up by 4:00 so it would work out. So here is what I have come up with. Should I state that the change in the program is a new closing time, or leave it as is, or something else? Thank you for your help!!

Date

Dear DCM,

Please accept this letter as notice of termination for Johnny.

Due to program changes, I will no longer be able to provide care for Johnny after July 1, 2011. Our local resource and referral contact # is 555-5555, they can assist you in finding alternate care that will better fit your needs..

Our contract agreement and CCRR requires that I give a 2 week notice. I am providing a 3 week notice so that you may have ample time to find another provider. Johnnys last day of care will be July 1, 2011.

Thank you for the opportunity to teach Johnny so much. I wish you and your family all the best in the future.

Sincerely,
Me