View Single Post
mema 12:12 PM 10-03-2011
Good for you! You have the "feeling" and if you trust your gut and it comes back to bite you in the bum, well then, lesson learned! But I think it's great, especially if it's a great family already! When my kids were in care my hubby got deployed. I didn't ask for anything, but our DCP offered us a discount. I appreciated it sooo much! It was one less thing to worry about at that time. When he ended up get promoted I made sure to go back to what we were paying and added in a little more each week to make up the back pay until I was caught up to what we should've paid. She totally didn't expect full pay until he was home and back to work and definately didn't expect the back pay, but was greatful that I didn't take advantage. My son also ended up being admitted to the hospital during this time and she charged me only 1/2 pay for the days he was out instead of full! I have since paid it forward with a family I have. They hit a rough patch and we set up a new plan. They paid 75% for a few weeks.