View Single Post
Cat Herder 04:09 AM 10-05-2011
Originally Posted by mom2many:
I ONLY question why you feel the need to always be so negative when it's not even warranted or asked for?
!
Probably because she has been reading Silvers posts and giving her advice (like many of us) since last Aug and knows that sometimes she leads with her heart and it hurts her family financially.

It was a reminder to her to not let go of her well earned backbone (it IS possible to have a heart AND backbone, I do it every day now). It was a reminder to be very careful when putting a clients difficulties above your own family's needs. To consider putting a deadline on it so Silver will still be able to provide a decent Christmas for her family...etc.

That if she is going to do this she needs to remember HER OWN past with clients (many posts in the vent thread that was deleted). Nan cares about Silver (like many of us) and was giving her motherly advice. Even Silver knows that.

Honestly some days I think Nan could declare the sky is blue and would be admonished that it was, in fact, in the eye of the beholder.... She comes here to help....to give advice FOR FREE.... Take it or leave it.

Oh, and the cellphones, manicured nails, etc.......happened to me after giving FREE care for almost two years (2 kids) to a family who DCD was paralyzed in a construction accident (he is making a great recovery with therapy and is able to stand for short periods, now.). Once they won their lawsuit and got back on their feet they scoffed at paying me and left in the middle of a week. They did not feel they were back on their feet even though they had nicer things than my family (new cars, new house, namebrand clothing, artificial nails, gym memberships, tanning bed etc).

Nan spent hours listening to me cry about both losing the relationship with the family (I felt we would be extended family) and the financial hit my kids took by no choice of their own during that time. They broke my heart. Yes, I have given free care since then. BUT I knew to expect NOTHING from them....not even friendship. This way I don't get hurt, again. I have a few lifelong friends from this and a few that will not even walk across the street to say hello.

Will I keep doing it?? Of course... Would I do it in this case? No. The only person really getting FREE is the DCD that walked...