View Single Post
nannyde 04:46 PM 09-13-2011
Originally Posted by sahm2three:
Every room has white noise. Today was just the day from hell. I have the worst headache. I am getting a cold, and my sinuses hurt. I changed her to a cooler room, and she slept better. Still not as long as the other kids, but longer than 20 or 30 mins. I hate letting babies cry. Hate it. So if I do I usually sit outside their door, which is very little break for me.

@Nanny, thank you. How do you deal with the ones who aren't in playpens? I have a toddler room and they aren't in playpens (or I would have to have a dozen playpens!) So they are all on nap mats. But they are CONSTANTLY up and getting into things, waking eachother up, etc. My assistant and I have been having to take turns sitting in the toddler room so that they stay on their mats, even though MOST of the toddlers have been here for a year or so and know the routine. Throw one new one in the mix and all the rules go out the window!
I have play yards that are deep and long. I only have one bed and one cot. I have never used the cot because all of my kids but one still fit in the play yards they have had since birth.

If I had more than one on a bed I would put a camera on them and be on them in an instant if they got up.

If they persisted I would have to term. I can't have kids up at nap. It's not personal... I know there are kids from infant to five years old that don't need a nap. It's about me not the kids.

I know myself and my limits. I could not do this without a scheduled break every day. My only exception is with newborns. I don't mind them being up at nap because this is the time I bond with them BUT it kicks my arse until they are big enough to sleep through nap.