View Single Post
LK5kids 05:59 PM 10-14-2017
Buy 2 each of window stickies on the sheets that lend themselves to matching. Like 6 different Jack-o-lanterns. Cut around each picture-leaving the tag board backing on. Buy some sticky back felt. Wal-mart used to have it but now I have to get it at Michael's or Hobby Libby. It's still about 89 cents per sheet. You don't have to cover the entire back of each picture for it to stick. Just a wide strip.

I've made a flannel board from a large bulletin board covered with flannel. Put your set in a row on flannel board and hand out one to each child. They come up one at a time and match theirs to yours-(placing it under ). These are so easy to make! No coloring, no laminating!

I have dozens and dozens of flannel board activities. Kids love them.

Throw a large foam die and move that many times. Touch toes, jump, flap arms, etc.

Make a Hungry Caterpillar by covering a Pringle can with a colorful sock. Cut out felt fruit and food and a leaf. Have the kids "feed" the caterpillar as you tell the story. I have a butterfly puppet I use at the end of the story.

Prepositions-have a pile of toys...say "Jace put the block on top of the table, Wren put the block under a book", etc.

Put about ten small toys in a row, cover with a cloth, tell kids to close their eyes ( but they will peek!) and carefully pull something out under another cloth that you have. Uncover and ask what's missing.

On the matching colors of constructin paper write these actions. I actually did mine on the computer using clip art. You could easily draw some of these. Here's the poem
Purple, purple, draw a circle. ( draw a circle in the air)

Blue, blue, show your shoe.

Pink, pink, give a wink.

White, white, please don't fight! ( shake your finger-shake head no)

Yellow, yellow, shake like Jello!

Gray, gray, shout hooray!

Red, red, nod your head!

Black, black, scratch your back!

Orange, orange, orange you see. Go ahead and slap your knee!

Kids love this.
Here's a picture! I could go on and on! I love circle time but ours in only about 10 min!
Attached: image.jpg (1.28 MB)