Thread: Curriculum
View Single Post
earlystart 01:02 PM 04-12-2013
I bought the Buttercups kit from Funshine Express for March-April. It is geared towards toddlers up to 36 months. They also have a 3-5 year old kit. I do my own lesson plans, but hated planning the arts and crafts and such. This 2 month kit costs about $88 for 6 kids. The older kids one is more expensive. There is a calculator on the site to see how much it will cost, and shipping is extra. I liked it and will probably continue using it, because I can make it last longer than 2 months since I only use it as a supplement to my own lesson plan. The "art" is mostly crafts where the kids can paint the pieces and you help them assemble it with glue or tape to make the finished piece. It has full color printed pages on cardstock that are for various activities, like flashcards, color recognition, puzzle games. Comes with a couple board books. It has a teacher book with a large calendar that lays out activities for every day, and the activities are described week by week in the rest of the book.