View Single Post
Thriftylady 10:57 AM 03-26-2015
Originally Posted by Crazy8:
I would not allow that. I have it stated in my contract that part timers are not able to switch days to avoid paying for my closed holidays/paid vacation days if those days fall on their regularly scheduled days. Now if I have a part timer who does not have set days (I only offer this for my before school kids right now) then they can pick their days around the days I am closed, but ones who have set days can not.

But are you even closed her spring break week? It doesn't sound like you are so I would just state that the child is contracted for 2 days per week and therefore can come the days she is on break or not but you are not able to add the days to other weeks.

ETA: you could be opening a can of worms by allowing it too - if she is sick a day she may want a 3rd day the following week. If you have a day you are closed she may want a 3rd day the following week, etc. etc. If its something you are ok with fine, but I would want to stick with the 2 days per week - even if you are sometimes flexible on switching the days.
I agree with this, off to edit my contract lol.