View Single Post
Unregistered 02:22 PM 07-14-2011
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
But also - its important to do the work to make mom comfortable for trips to the park, library, etc.

Let her know WHERE and WHEN. How will it go - carseat, check off in and out, HOW will you prevent losing one?

You are not asking to ride the child around all day for errands? You want to do specific things. Or - you want to do to and from school....can mom adjust to this?

Offer your driving record, insurance covering kids, a check out of your vehicle, explain how car seats are used - can she install hers permanently and have it checked?

How many kids in the car at once?

Its really scary.
Scanning all these posts....
* Insurance *? Really! Insurance is good for medical bills, or replacing your car - not my child. *&#^$&*()@(*
A good driving record means what? That you won't be driving next to the bad drivers? Maybe you have some special good driver roads you travel on that no accidents could occur on? It's why they call them accidents - no one expects them to happen.
*#$&*$&($*#(*

I don't care how you reason with the risks, you wouldn't do it with my irreplaceable child. I agree with 'daycare' and I would remove my child from 'daycare' or anyone else who would even attempt to rationalize or negotiate the risk of my child against that child's parents will.

Reading these posts just makes me question what my day care is trying to rationalize in their own mind without telling me. - scary to read some of these arguments. unauthorized taking of a child is nothing less than child abduction - even if you do return the child.
This is what happened to me today - my franchise day care signed my daughter up to a field trip and took her without our knowledge or consent until after the fact. It was a field trip which I felt didn't add anything to her development, and could only have potential for danger in the neighborhood they were traveling to.
I've been scanning posts on the internet to understand how, why, and what I should do.

Tragic that it seems so many people in the day care profession in this post sound like they can negotiate with the child's safety and rationalize the risks or would attempt to sway a careful parent to take additional risks unnecessarily.

What happens when you convince a parent to let you take their child - and the unfortunate happens. Would you go on your merry way - maybe saying.... it was OK with the parent!

I don't want a day care that would even consider trying to sway my opinion of what I think is an acceptable risk.