View Single Post
rhymia1 03:38 PM 07-14-2011
Originally Posted by :
Scanning all these posts....
* Insurance *? Really! Insurance is good for medical bills, or replacing your car - not my child. *&#^$&*()@(*
A good driving record means what? That you won't be driving next to the bad drivers? Maybe you have some special good driver roads you travel on that no accidents could occur on? It's why they call them accidents - no one expects them to happen.
*#$&*$&($*#(*

I don't care how you reason with the risks, you wouldn't do it with my irreplaceable child. I agree with 'daycare' and I would remove my child from 'daycare' or anyone else who would even attempt to rationalize or negotiate the risk of my child against that child's parents will.

Reading these posts just makes me question what my day care is trying to rationalize in their own mind without telling me. - scary to read some of these arguments. unauthorized taking of a child is nothing less than child abduction - even if you do return the child.
This is what happened to me today - my franchise day care signed my daughter up to a field trip and took her without our knowledge or consent until after the fact. It was a field trip which I felt didn't add anything to her development, and could only have potential for danger in the neighborhood they were traveling to.
I've been scanning posts on the internet to understand how, why, and what I should do.

Tragic that it seems so many people in the day care profession in this post sound like they can negotiate with the child's safety and rationalize the risks or would attempt to sway a careful parent to take additional risks unnecessarily.

What happens when you convince a parent to let you take their child - and the unfortunate happens. Would you go on your merry way - maybe saying.... it was OK with the parent!

I don't want a day care that would even consider trying to sway my opinion of what I think is an acceptable risk.
I don't think anyone was saying that they would take a child without permission? You, as a parent, have the choice of where to send your child for care. The onus is on the parent to find care that works for them. We also take field trips and I have transported DCkids to preschool. I make it clear from the get go that we travel. I have appropriate/PROPERLY used car/booster seats for the children in my care. If that's a problem for the parent then they need to go with another provider. I won't beg, plead, cajole or otherwise try to sway anyone's opinion. This is the service *I* provide. Take it or leave it.
FWIW, many parents in my area won't go with a provider who won't transport to preschool.