View Single Post
amberrose3dg 04:06 AM 01-30-2018
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Hi everyone!

I am going through a rough time and wanted to see if you guys had any insight or tips for me.

My son has a significant speech delay/impairment and most likely severe ADHD. He does exhibit some aggressive behaviors like pushing and stealing toys from other kids. One of the daycare moms saw him push their child down and is concerned and asked me if I am addressing his issues at all. It hurts me because I am doing all that I can as a mom of a child with special needs and also the fact that this child is just as aggressive as he is! I really want to tell the mom about her child's behaviors and how she isn't an innocent victim but I am thinking that isn't the right thing to do.

This child hits, kicks, tackles everybody and also calls me an Uncle Tom (I am African American). I understand that parents want to look out for their kids though. The mom has pulled her out of other daycares due to her crying at drop off and I just feel like she might pull her out of mine. I guess I am scared of my reputation being ruined because of this. Despite my son being aggressive at times, he is very popular with the daycare kids I take care of because he can be fun to play with.

Just curious if anyone else has been in this situation before? Any comment or tip is welcome. I am crying as I type this!

Thanks!
I would terminate as that is a horrible thing for a young child to be saying.Someone taught him that and this mom needs to address her child's issues.Sorry you are going through a lot. All children can be aggressive or pushy at times. I have a group of 4 2 year old boys. All of them at one time or another tried to push their friends or throw things. It happens with young children.