View Single Post
284878 07:39 AM 02-27-2018
Originally Posted by mommyneedsadayoff:
How old is he? I would give him a third bottle before pick up, otherwise he is going a long time between feeds and will prob be very hungry on the way home.

I base everything off of feed time. Here's an example of what I would do in your case, but age would affect this slightly.

Bottle 6:30
Nap 8-9:30
Bottle 9:45
Nap 11-12:30
Bottle 12:45
Nap 2-3:30
Bottle 3:45
Play and watch the other kids till pick up at 4/4:30

Like I said, it would adjust for age and how much/often they eat, but this based on about a 3 hr schedule. You can adjust based on the first feed, so if he comes and mom says he ate at 7 am, he would have bottles around 10, 1, 4, 7, 10. As he gets older and can drink more at one sitting, you begin to drop the snack feeds. The ones at 10 and 4 go away, so that you end up having him eat at breakfast, lunch, and dinner like the other kids. His naps eventually reduce to two a day as well, since he can go longer before eating. But again this depends on age. If he still pretty little, he'll have to keep the three hours schedule for a while, but this is the routine I do with all my kids and it works well.
He is 3 months.

I have another infant (8 months) that arrives at 915, she normally gets a bottle at 945-1015. Today, I got his bottle ready when she arrived, to see if I could move a few things up so I could have time to squeeze in a 3rd bottle and because I did not give it to her she spent the whole 20 minutes crying. She does not give up either.

He is scheduled to leave at 5 but last week DCM comes earlier 420 before the other family left. I had scheduled to give dcb a bottle after the other family left but she showed up early. Then yesterday, she came later and I was not prepared for that as I was expecting her earlier, just as I was going to warm the bottle she pulls in. DCM says that last week she was leaving work early, so 430-435 will be her time window for now on.

I hate feeding a baby a bottle when a parent arrives, I am never sure if I should hand off the baby and bottle or finish feeding the baby myself.