View Single Post
happymom 11:39 AM 03-02-2018
Originally Posted by proudmommyofthree:
I transport in a 15 passenger van. When I load the kids in my van for pick up and drop offs at school, I have booster seats. I have 2 infant car seats and two harness seats for my toddlers that stay in my van. They get installed and stay in there until it is no longer needed. Now for the 5 amd 6 year olds they are in a booster seat with the backs. For 7 year olds they can use the regular booster seat no backs (or with backs depending on the size of the child.) now I never allow any of the kids to sit with backpacks or heavy coats (I’m in California so it really doesn’t get too cold for heavy jackets) backpacks are put in the front ( I have a passenger seat removed with the approval from CHP) anyway this is where the kids place their backpacks. I then Make sure they are all buckled in. If I were you I would speak with the director or driver of the vans. It’s wasier for the kids to load and unload without their backpacks on.
That's a great idea! I really am shocked that they are allowing kids to ride with backpacks especially but I don't want to overstep either.