View Single Post
Soccermom 05:14 PM 09-27-2012
Originally Posted by MaritimeMummy:
I'm positive my daughter and myself have throat infections. Husband may, too. Son has a stuffy nose but I've been open all week with him having that. Beside that, we were up all night with both kids and we are all just exhausted.
The only time I will ever close is when we have the stomach flu..other than that I always stay open. My son has had a fever of 103 for 2 days and I have remained open. I also have a throat infection and have been popping tylenol like candy. I try to save days I need to close for emergencies such as a family member being seriously injured or serious illnesses requiring medical attention. I used to call all the DCPs to give them a heads up that we were sick thinking that the DCPs would not want their child to get sick and would find alternate care (Silly me!) They would always end up dropping the kids off anyway so I stopped doing that.

I once caught the stomach flu and was vomiting every 2 minutes and had to wait almost 2 hours for one DCB to be picked up!

But to answer your question - Yes, we do have a down day. I always stay in my jammies and we do quiet activities such as movie day or coloring. I will take them outside but just let them play while I sit and supervise with a warm cup of tea. The kids normally understand that I am unwell and will be sweet about it.