View Single Post
daycarediva 10:58 AM 10-10-2018
Originally Posted by hwichlaz:
I'd tell her that her contracted hours will be based on her work schedule, but for now, while she's job hunting, she can leave him from 8-4. That means she can still make job hunting her full-time job, and he won't be plunged into 55 hours per week daycare right away....call it a transition time.
I agree with this, BUT, this DCM WILL change those hours to as many as she thinks you will allow the second she can.

I enrolled an infant years ago at 60 hours a week because mom worked FT and was going to school PT AND had quite the commute. she ended up quitting, but keeping the FT care up and told me she was 'looking for work' and she was actually just insanely training for all of these marathons and doing housework, etc. She did this so that when infant was actually with her, she did NOTHING BUT parent him. She could NOT parent AND do laundry, or parent AND cook dinner. He was a VERY high needs child because of this CONSTANT 1:1 that I ended up terming.

I have a LOT of SAHM's now, always have had them. I limit their hours to 9-3:30. That gives them a good early school experience without sacrificing their parent face time.