View Single Post
daycare 07:26 PM 10-10-2011
Originally Posted by wdmmom:
Same problems I ran into. One DCM said she wanted me to provide transportation to and from preschool for DCB. I looked into it and because it would be consistent and a regular service, I required a commercial policy.

If I want to take the kids to the pumpkin patch as a field trip, I don't need to have commercial insurance because it is not a trip we take on a regular basis.

I also know that if you advertise that you provide transportation, advertise your vehicle as a business vehicle or charge for transportation, you need a commercial policy...in Iowa anyway.
I just got off the phone with progressive insurance and they said I would need a commerical policy... they said because of the high risk of libality, personal auto does not cover. I tried to tell them that I don't need to transport children in order to satisfy my services to these parents, as the job itself does not require me transporting children for any reason. they said even if I take them to the park, i needed commerical insurance even if it was once every 6 months....I think is BS!!!....thats just rubbish

If I decide to go commerical, my insuance will go up $120.00 a month, which I don't think that I could swallow right now.