View Single Post
mia 09:42 AM 02-02-2016
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
So you asked Mom to bring foods child would eat and she brought purees?
Yes, I asked that they bring in what they had for dinner ( for left overs ), so that I could see who child eat their foods, Mom brought in what I listed above the baby purees...
Is the child walking? Talking at all? Making eye contact? Pretending with babies/phones? Any other developmental concerns other than food?
Child just started not long ago, I feel for child's age that child could/should be a little more sturdy on feet, child is very wobble still. Mom's not concerned about that either....Makes eye contact but tries not to likes to blink and look away.....does not do much pretend with babies or phones just holds them.... fine motor, speech, little hearing....are just some that I am a little concerned about.... Older sibling has issues as well which the school is also concerned about.. they asked mom to get him an educational assessment done and she right out refused and said she's not doing that... that her and the Dr both say that its only because of child's age....
A child this age in my program would be on all table foods, in a toddler size chair, and weaning off of a sippy cup. I have only struggled with TWO children this age unable to do so. One is a brand new 18mo (just spoke to Mom- he grazes at home. They're going to put a stop to that and work on sitting at meals) and the other I termed, was 2, taking two 30 minute naps, needing to be rocked to sleep, and anything other than the TINIEST diced food,would gag. Also, severe speech delay.I am the same this is the first other then the sibling who is not... This child is still on bottle and sippy cup as well, must have warmed in order to drink, I stopped giving bottle in playpen a few month back, mom commented on that this morning as well when I told her that child has only been chewing on nipple instead of drinking it...

Thanks again ladies....