View Single Post
Leigh 10:18 AM 07-10-2017
Originally Posted by 284878:
#1 -6 weeks - cosleep at home and was bf, my first family. He won't take more than 2 oz at a time and would wake everytime I laid him down on back after he fell asleep in swing. Only time he stayed asleep for more than 20, was when he was sick. Dcm wanted me to use a sleep sack. No pacifier. They stayed five months until DCM lost her job. Never sleeped well. Older sibling would not sleep a just lay in pnp, always tired and would strip clothes off, under 18 months (11 months apart)
Looking back I should of termed, DCM was "educated" and did not want anyone to tell her anything different.

#2 - 9 months - laid down with out issue after bottle. Used pacifier. Left with siblings.

(Had drop in twins that came one at a time, once a week, neither napped here, that I recall. But they would cry/scream if put down. Ended after DCM lied to me.)

#3 - 8 months - cry for any reason, except nap time. He would lay right down, no fussing with a pacifier. DCM sent blanket for him to play with, I sent it home.

#4 - 4/5 months - was in between DC so he was only here for three weeks. Slept great on back. I don't recall if he had a pacifier, but leaning towards not.

#5 6 weeks - had to rock to sleep the first couple weeks for morning nap but no issues for second nap. DCM brought a sleep sack even though I said no during interview. Slept well. Used pacifier.
When DCM and dcd started cosleeping (according to dcd) at about ten months when he would wake at night, he would cry for a bit here before sleeping, after a few naps he stopped crying.

#6 -4/5 months - goes right to sleep, uses pacifier. DCM wanted me to use a baby movement/breathing device, said no.
Spit up a lot after bottles, so fell asleep in bouncy (no vibration), once asleep moved to PNP without trouble. Would take cat naps on the floor in between naps, sometimes would stay asleep when picked up and just take an extra nap or early nap. Currently does not spit up anymore, goes right down may talk a little before falling asleep.

I do address safe sleep in interview with a safe sleep flyer and stating sate laws on infant sleeping. Family #1 did not want to be told anything, after all she was educated and I wasn't.

I do not have anything currently to pass out but I could/should add that to things I give parents. I normally give parents a stack of take away during interview, any freebies that I may of gathered about local resources and kid friendly events.
Your state's department of health or department of social services would probably be able to send you those brochures at no charge. I order my safe sleep and mandated reporter brochures online through the state's website (and they are free). You could also probably print them off yourself from a PDF on their website.