View Single Post
Lucy 10:54 PM 01-21-2012
I'm totally not trying to criticize, so please don't take this badly, but this whole thing had me going

How did a female staff member just happen to notice what looked like blood in this boy's underwear??? Do they go in the bathroom with them? I guess that is allowed in some states. (Not in mine, which is why it surprised me). So even if she IS in there legitimately, why is she looking in that area while the boy is peeing? Just seems a little odd to me.

You "checked it out" ?? That seems a little invasive to me. Then you put him through a 2nd "showing" for your director? Yes, I read where you said it was with the boy's permission, but it doesn't seem to me that he is old enough to give consent to this. As a mother, I would be angry that my son was asked not once, but twice, to pull down his pants and show his penis to a non-medical person. I would have wanted to be told something like "a staff member noticed blood in your son's underwear", and not ".... so we had him pull his pants down so we could inspect his penis..."

I would understand calling cps for advice, but not taking it upon yourself to inspect him.

I don't know... again, I don't mean to criticize, but it just seems to me that this should have been handled a little more delicately. Unless it's a diapered child, I don't think he should be requested to show his privates to adults for any reason. Except a doctor, of course.

Just my opinion. I know you are looking out for his best interests, but it just shocked me I guess.