Thread: Need Advice
View Single Post
preschoolteacher 05:30 PM 08-29-2013
The parent shouldn't have cussed you out, but beyond that, they have every right to be upset. I wouldn't ask for an apology or try to mend things with the family--you have done what you could to patch things up, but they don't seem to be receptive to apologies so any more wouldn't help the situation.

I'd talk to the director and let them know you feel uncomfortable with the parent in the room. She should be aware of this--as a manager, it's something she needs to know--and you will be more likely to get your director's support in the future if you have another conflict with this family.

I am sure you feel awful, but as you said, it was an accident. I would try to move on. As for the family of the injured child, I would remain polite and professional, but I'd probably choose to let another teacher in the room handle any issues that come up with them. Maybe the director should even get more involved with dealing with them. If they are upset and verbally abusive to you as a teacher, the director should step in--that's part of her job!

Hugs!