View Single Post
jen 06:15 AM 03-11-2011
Originally Posted by Catherder:
Jen,

Even if she did report it, this would be investigated by local authorities...

The ER Doc is required to report these kinds of injuries. A femur fracture in an non-ambulatory infant is an automatic investigation. This is especially dependant on the type of fracture.

I think that is what everyone is alluding to.

Alot of us are waiting for an update..... I, myself, am beginning to fear the worst because of the silence.

Op, please, please update...
I hear ya' Cat, and I totally get that licesing is going to look in to it.

However, having been through this with a kid with a broken collar bone, it just wasn't this big scary thing that it is being made out to be here. I reported it, licensing had me tell them about it, they spoke to the parent, and that was it. An accident, they happen...they didn't even come to the house.

I'm not saying that this provider will have the same experience, what I am saying is that the sky is not falling. When the physician makes his report, he will indicate if there are any signs of abuse. They will be checking for old fractures, suspicious bruising, etc. In the absence of these types of things, his report will indicate that no signs of abuse or negligence are present, which will likely be satisfactory for licesing.

Personally, I think it is important to keep a cool head in these instances. Do the right things and move forward. Worrying about things that haven't happened, and probably won't, is a waste of enegery.

It is enough to say, "Please make sure you cover yourself. Always report, it looks better should it come up later." I don't see the point in anything beyond that, except to making people nervous and scared.