View Single Post
Ariana 01:53 PM 08-29-2017
Originally Posted by Core12:
I have a parent who deliberately stays around 15 mins every time she picks up her 7 month old. She will ask questions about his pooping, ask what he ate for lunch (her husband brings the lunch at drop off) how his day was...she will ask if I noticed his new tooth, and ask if I saw his "cute" behaviors that she has seen. She will say, "oh, he has a booger in his nose., and then ask for a tissue, she will ask to use the bathroom and will also play with her so on the floor.
She can tell that I'm exhausted (her kid crys almost non stop) but she is determined to "teach me" that I can talk for 15 mins about her child at pickup.
I don't have this issue with any of the other parents...I have put diaper bags on chairs so she won't sit down, then she sits on the arm of the chair!
Need advice!!! I have 4 other infants and she could care less!
I have literally said "sorry to scoot you out the door but I am uber busy right now, text me if you have any questions about his day". I just don't have a whole lot of time and if there are other kids I can't just linger in the porch chatting. The other kids safety comes first. You really need to be in her face about it or just literally say "ok bye see you tomorrow, have a good night" in a booming voice and walk away. You will feel like you are being rude but fight that thought. She is the one being self centred and rude.