View Single Post
Snowmom 06:48 AM 10-26-2020
I have requested families to bring in one group supply per month to help offset costs. Luckily, they've been very generous and don't just bring in one tiny box of Kleenex! I've gotten a 12 pack of paper towels, a HUGE tub of disinfectant wipes, a bag full of hand soap... you get the idea. Ask for it- you might be surprised!

I also have individual hand towels for each child. Although I have noticed that laundry soap has increased $ as well.

All adults drop off outdoors, so I've saved on my heating bill (doors not left wide open for 10 minute drop offs!). It's already freezing here, so winter will be loooong.

Our local association and licensing has blessed us with cleaning donations too. I have SO much bleach and I hate bleach. It gives me a nasty headache! But that would be a good place to touch base with in regards to supplies. Hand sanitizer and masks are often supplied here.

I also use Odoban (tip: you can find it at pet supply stores too!). I use this or the Stearamine tabs and mix large jugs of disinfectant spray. Stearamine has virtually no smell. But it is blue- I wouldn't use on white carpet. Maybe it disintegrates but it still freaks me out (dyes).

The one area I'm frustrated with is gloves! The 1000 pack I used to buy on Amazon for $50 is never in stock and the measly 50 packs are now $25. I've gotten a few decently priced packs from Costco, but they're a terrible fit. I use several a day with diaper changes and to put on child's shoes.