View Single Post
gbcc 01:39 PM 01-14-2010
I run a home daycare and all of my parents of infants choose a home daycare due to ratios. Usually in a center it is 1:4 or 1:6 for infants. In a home daycare it is 1:2 or 2:4.

My point of view. Yes accidents do happen. The Christian thing to do is forgive and educate. HOWEVER, this is your child. If I have to choose I am a mother first and Christian second. I would report this incident. You may not be the first but you want to make sure you are the last accident. There could be other accidents where this happened but the parents thought, well I understand accidents happen. Now no other parent knows this happened. I would look at it like you are not making trouble but you are hopefully saving a potential life.

I have a child in care that fell on his head as an infant. The provider wasn't watching him and he was mobile. He is now a very difficult unhappy child and the doctors attribute it to the head injury. He ended up getting a concusion and the sitter let him fall asleep for 4 hours so the situation is different but it could easily happen to another child in that center. It could have happened to your daughter. This family is so upset that one day they went to work with a normal happy baby and the next they have a challenged unhappy child.