View Single Post
sahm1225 07:19 PM 06-18-2014
33 female
Married
3 kids - 2,4,6

I say no to the banning, but I think restaurants should have a children friendly time frame (and say, no kids after 9pm). My dad owns a restaurant so we go out to eat often and my kids now how to behave (or we would leave). I work w kids all day, I have zero patience for unruly kids after hours at a restaurant. I also think that restaurant owners should ask families to leave if they are unable to control their kids. When we were on vacation in Alabama, there was a restaurant/country club that had a sign with times that were 'child friendly'. I thought that was cool.

I have a short story for you - we were once at red lobster waiting to be seated. My kids were 1,3 & 5. My 3&5 year old were looking at the lobster tank and I was next to them w my 1 year old in my arms. A child around the age of 6-7 came up to my ds5 and yelled in his face. I looked around and realize there's no parents around. He then runs up to my dd3 and yells/growls at her and pushes her down. My dd3 quickly gets up and pushes him back. This happens in about 30 seconds and I'm right there gathering my kids and looking for the kid's parent. He comes up to me and reaches up to punch my dd1 (keep in mind, she's a tiny 1 year old about 14lbs). I intercept the punch and hold his hand. The manager rushes over and takes the child. They walked around the ENTiRE restaurant before finding the parents! They were all the way at the back of the restaurant enjoying their dinner. THAT family should be banned from the restaurant. We left and haven't been back since.