Thread: Fingerprinting
View Single Post
Claraskids 12:06 PM 10-27-2017
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
"For kids, when you get your fingers printed and your mug shot, you’re a criminal," says one parent.

Ok.

I had all the daycare kids do the McGruff photo and fingerprint kits as part of our safety month many times. I gave the completed ID cards to their parents as gifts. https://www.mcgruff-safe-kids.com/sh...e-kids-id-kit/ The kids loved it. The police visit in the classroom and the kids think they hung the moon.

One of my favorite field trips as a kid was to the police station. We should not be teaching kids to fear the police. Even my dog has a photo ID card from the vet.
However, those fingerprints and photos are not kept on file with the government. They are just given to the parents. I did it with one of my own kids years ago. The fingerprinting that MN wants to do would give the state our children' fingerprints to keep on file. That is what we are not ok with!

Yes, I do teach my children and dickids to see police as friends and a source of protection. Government/big brother - that's a whole other story