Thread: Fingerprinting
View Single Post
Mom2Two 12:55 PM 10-31-2017
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
They are trying it here.
They want to build a new multimillion $ facility her to house birth to K for universal Pre-K. It's been discussed to the point of there is nothing left to discuss....the community has voted not but they just keep trying saying how badly we need this since there is a huge shortage of care. The papers and media in my community say 530 kids that have no where to go..... yet most the providers I know are actively advertising to fill spaces.
If the federal govt decides to throw money at the states for doing it, I'm guessing that most states will bite.

All it would take is the next democratic president/congress combo to start something like that and pose as social-program heroes.

But it would be an awful thing. I already feel against how much children are treated as objects of the economy by political policy, rather than as whole individuals. I keep wondering if politicians think that if we drum those academics into them earlier, maybe our economy will edge forward and pay everyone's social security and the politicians will avoid the burn of spending too much.

I'm starting to wonder what I/we can do to help prevent this from happening. Ideas?