View Single Post
Annalee 07:38 AM 01-26-2021
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
So vaccine roll out here has been fairly decent I think.
They've got most the medical front line workers taken care of and are now moving on to child care workers, educators, people with medical conditions and those over age 65.

This morning one my DCM's tells me that both her and her husband got their first vaccination. I asked how since they're in their mid-30ies and neither work in any field that gives them priority nor do either of them have any underlying medical conditions.

DCM tells me her MIL owns an assisted living facility and they asked to be listed as employees so they were eligible to receive the vaccine there.

I asked if they actually did work there as back up employees and she said nope. They just figured it was the easiest and quickest way to be vaccinated.

That kind of entitled selfishness is astounding sometimes.
This stuff irks me. My son goes to trade school in a neighboring county and it's beside the health dept and he told me last week of people getting the vaccine and I pretty much told him they were probably getting tested or something as it wasn't those particular people's turn, but now I guess he was right. That's just messed up!