View Single Post
Old 06-21-2021, 05:35 PM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered629 View Post
The issue is that

1. Not everyone has spare utensils/dishes they're willing to take out of the house and it's really not fair to drop that on a parent on Sunday night. That's something you tell parents on Friday.

2. We are not going to be sending the dishes home. We are going to be washing them at the center even though we do not have the proper equipment to do so. We had to get special permission to have a refrigerator and serve single-serving bags of goldfish crackers. The state is not going to approve us washing dishes when we don't have any way to properly sanitize them.
I agree with Cat Herder

If parents are sending their children's food, isn't the food already in containers? I don't understand the problem if it's ready to eat food. The lunch bags/boxes are sent home everyday anyway. I wouldn't even rinse the used dishes (that's a great way to spread germs if not sanitized), if parents don't want the dirty dishes spilling in the bag/box, then they can have a "dirty" bag in the lunch box so the dirty dishes can be contained in a ziplock-type bag. I don't understand why an extra spoon in the lunch box would inconvenience parents much. If necessary, your center could gift each family with a couple of spoons - inexpensive and very "green."

Last edited by Michael; 06-21-2021 at 09:42 PM. Reason: agree with previous post