View Single Post
MarinaVanessa 10:36 AM 03-27-2010
So yesterday morning I was given notice that my dcb of 18 months will be leaving us for another daycare that charges $10 less a week than I do . Okay fine. It happens. Should I mention that she is my daughters' aunt on her father's side? I asked her where it was and she gave me the street name. Funny, I used to use a provider that lived on that street. In the end there really wasn't anything that I could say or wanted to say but I was hurt.

I immediately dragged out my wait list and the mom of the first infant on the list was excited. She wants in. We scheduled an interview for yesterday evening. After I spoke with her I let curiosity get the best of me and I called up my old dc provider (the one I thought was my old one) with the excuse that I just wanted to catch up and see how she was doing. During our conversation she mentioned that she was having a new parent with an 18 month old boy over later that afternoon to sign up that would start in two weeks . Okay so now I know for sure. I just had to smile to myself. See I left this provider becuase I was not happy. The kids don't do any activities, don't run on a schedule, don't have any rules, have free reign of the entire house and there is absolutely no discipline. The woman also watches spanish soaps all day. She's actually the reason why I decided to do daycare. I was however cordial when I left because her son and I are friends since high school and didn't want that to sour our friendship. So anyway, in a way it gave me happiness to know that the leaving family would not get the same care as here. Evil I know. So my potencial client came by yetsreday and she was very easy going and her baby was great. We scheduled an appointment for Monday to sign everything so she can start on 3/5. I know the dates overlap but I purposely leave a spot open since my hunny and I are trying for a baby of our own. So anyway I knew that the 18 month old would only be here until the 9th so I knew my spot would open up again anyway.

It's now just one day later after the other family gave me notice and I just got a call from her telling me that she went down to see the new provider and that the house was chaos and there were running children everywhere . "Didn't you interview her before you decided to sign up?" Apparently the provider met with her earlier in the week at a coffee shop for the interview ... ooooh so that's how she's convincing her clients lol. So turns out that she didn't sign up afterall and now she has no childcare after the 9th.

I told her that I had already filled her spot and that they would be starting the following monday after his last day of daycare. Now she's trying to convince me to let her keep the spot that I have reserved for our baby. Oh boy. Apparently it was very clear that I wasn't impressed and she even offered to keep the spot only until I actually needed it. Meaning that when I had a baby that she would go elsewhere. I said that I didn't know and that I would think about it and let her know next Monday. The more and more I think about it, the more and more I like the idea though. No one else was willing to take a spot that that they would have to give up later and an extra $175 a week would be nice. I don't know though. I am a little hurt.