Thread: Update
View Single Post
Blackcat31 08:11 AM 01-07-2019
Originally Posted by Pestle:
She is harassing you and if you didn't need to have the ability to contact her in an emergency I'd say block her.

This could turn into something nasty, too. How do you feel about giving her an ultimatum? "I provide a safe, comfortable space for the children in my care. Drop-off should not involve trash talking me to your child and making them anxious at the beginning of their day. My phone number is available to you for professional communication only. If you cannot respect that, you need to come pick up your child and we will terminate care immediately." Maybe edit for less snippiness but I'm angry at this bratty woman on your behalf and don't want her wrecking your week and the time afterward when she continues pestering you.
I agree! Her behavior is bullying in a "nice" way.

How rude of her to trash talk you in front of you!!

As for the early drop off, I'd start charging her for it.
I'd also let her know that she is not to "hang out" for 30 minutes. Use licensing or insurance as an excuse if necessary...."Licensing doesn't allow parents to stay longer than a quick drop off/pick up. Sorry but you'll have to drop off quicker."

I also agree with blocking her. There is NO reason she needs to tell you any of what she is telling you. NOT your circus, NOT your monkey.

Hoping Friday comes fast for you! Hang in there!!

I know it doesn't make it any better but these are the parents/kids/situations that teach us the most about this business.