View Single Post
jessrlee 03:50 AM 07-23-2012
So, my long time assistant just quit as she is going to college and has a full plate with nursing classes. A while ago I hired two young girls to replace her. One girl is a friends daughter (I didn't really think this through) and the other girl is her friend. So girl 1 has been working with me for a few weeks and I have been miserable with her performance. She basically sits in a chair staring at her cell phone. I asked her to clean toys one light day last week and she got about 1/2 hour worth of work done in 2 hours. If she wasn't a friends daughter I would fire her. (I know it's shady but I really want her to quit). Girl 2 is a dream! Amazing work ethic, on time, puts her cell in her bag, does everything I could ask her to do. Last week I had some new kids start so I asked Girl 2 to work a lot of extra hours. Girl 1 got super upset and jumped all over Girl 2 and I had to sit her down and talk to her about her performance and attitude. Girl 2 told me that basically she (girl 1) feels like it isn't her job to interact with kids, wipe noses, change diapers, etc.

So my question is, toay I have Girl 1 working a long 7 hour day. I want to keep her busy from the minute she walks in the door. Can you please help me come up with a long list of duties I could have her do while she is here? Thanks in advance!