View Single Post
JJPlaycare 07:58 AM 05-19-2010
Hahaha I think I am part of the minority I close when I need too!! Bottom line MY FAMILY comes first!! I get that money is an issue alot of the time for everyone and it isn't like I am rich and can afford to close unpaid all of the time and don't think I do, but I do close when I need to! I feel like when I stay open and keep the germs spreading I loose more money than taking a day or two off here and there and ending the spread!! When I interview with my parents I make this a BIG DEAL!! I have 2 small children and I am due in December and when they get sick I close, the same rules apply for my children as they would for the daycare kids being sick!! I have unlimited unpaid sick days listed in my contract, I also explain that they NEED backup daycare!! Daycare brings in ALOT of germs and my kids take the brunt of it!! I don't get how you can stay open while spreading your germs or your families germs, when I see so many posts on this site complaining about the parents bringing their sick kids to daycare- I don't get where the difference is!! How can you properly care for children when you are puking and feeling under the weather, I guess if I was a parent I wouldn't want my child with you!! Or better yet how do you keep up and properly care for the children when YOUR young child is puking everywhere, but where they are suppose too and keeping everything sanitary! Yuck!! I have stated in my contract that I close when my children are sick to give them the added love and attention that they need as you would do for your children!! Like I said, I make this a big deal right from the get go and I have never had anyone leave or complain!!! It isn't like I close all the time, but each of my girls each had a bad winter living in a daycare and now I see that their immunities have grown and gotten stronger and we hardly get sick, but if my child has a rash, a fever, puking or diarrhea I CLOSE and why in GODS name would any mother want to keep their child at daycare when this is going on!! : ) I don't think you have been excessive, but I wouldn't have closed when my husband was sick due to the fact that he is old enough and smart enough to isolate himself and when my children get older and are able to do this as well I am sure I won't have as many sick days!! Maybe just make it a little more clear to parents from the get go to avoid any issues!! : )