View Single Post
nannyde 09:10 AM 11-14-2011
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
This is a sad situation. Buuuut, there is always more to the story than we see/hear in the media. This was a case of corporal punishment but IMHO, this girl could not have been too emotionally damaged by the situation since she waited 7 years to post it or report it.

She ONLY reported it AFTER her father took away her Mercedes and told her she needed to grow up and be financially self-reliant. If she was so terribly upset about this situation why did she continue to take money and support from her father after she was of legal age to not have anything to do with him?

She only had to wait for 2 years to be of legal age and yet she waited 7 ??? Doesn't make sense to me unless she was using the video for leverage or some other reason.

Had he continued to support her and let her have a fancy car and never be an self-sufficient adult, she would have just kept sitting on this video?

I do NOT condone beating your child with a belt or strap or beating them at all for that matter, but I just don't buy the whole "poor me" act this girl is putting on. I also understand that she is handicapped but she sure seems to play that hand when necessary.

The judge (father) claims the girl "warned" him she would do this if he took away her financial support.

There is definitely more to this story than a dad who beat his poor handicap daughter.

It is not as black and white as this girl wants people to believe.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/11/03/justic...-video-beating

Now media reports are stating the girl is tweeting that she is regretful for posting the video and ruining her father.
Black,

You know I love ya sistah... so this is why I stayed away from this when you posted it. I know you a bit IRL so I know you are a sweetie and tenderhearted. I'm going to pretend I'm not talking to you with this response so you don't get the girlfriend discount. for this one post. Don't take it personally.. just maybe consider this:

This was taken in 2004 off a video camera. Did you have the technology in 2004 to put up a video of seven minutes? Youtube didn't even get big until 2007ish.

You think the technology she has had has made it possible for her to do that as an 18 year old? You think the technology that took the video in the first place is compatible with what she had three years ago or five years ago?

We think the internet is this awesome thing where anything goes... but you have to remember that it wasn't like this just a few short years ago and the technology to record was vastly different seven years ago.

He was SUPPORTING her as a college student. She's only 23. Was she supposed to walk away from THAT? He CONTROLS an inheritance that pays for her schooling. THAT is now at risk.

You know anything about abused kids? You know how incredibly difficult it is to come to ANY understanding of "how bad" it was and how "normal" it was when you have NOTHING in your life to compare it to? You know the SHAME that comes with the beatings.... that goes all the way into adulthood. Even WITH proof... she KNEW ... SOMEBODY would say she deserved it or it wasn't THAT bad... or he just went a ......little....... too far. So she gets a healthy dose of shame again and again...

He HAS the opportunity to share "his side". We get 848 words... 8 of them say what he did. 840 say what she did and caused.

He can make his own 7.5 minute youtube video and share his little feelings. He can do it for free.

Tap Tap Tap Tap.... we are WAITING.

Any man that can come up with "Lay down or I'll spank your F'in face" is big enough... strong enough... a man enough... to get his SIDE out. He didn't have any problem doing it seven years ago. Let's see it now.

Okay rant over... huggles to you