View Single Post
FrustratedMommy 04:49 AM 04-28-2010
Wow, it sounds like being a childcare provider is the only profession in which you can bail out as soon as a challenge presents itself. I am a computer programmer and if I quit and changed jobs every time I had to track down a difficult bug or deal with an issue I had never experienced before I would not only never find another contract, but I would also never learn anything. Meeting challenges is what makes me a better programmer. Likewise for your profession. When you have a power struggle with a child, you need to learn to diffuse the situation.

My daycare provider has a parent who is bending over backwards to back her up, or provide her with ideas to deal with the situation. When we actually solve this problem, she will become a better daycare provider since she will have learned new methods and techniques to deal with any other children that come along and I will become a better parent since I will learn new ways of working with my child. Dealing with children is a learning experience.

Finding another daycare in Aylmer is not so easy, especially if I want both my kids at the same daycare. My 18 month old will be challening to place because nobody wants babies. I moved my three year old from her old daycare to here because that woman didn't like babies.

This one loves babies, hates toddlers. My little one cries before nap and only sleeps for an hour but she doesn't complain about that since she just puts her in a playpen in another room. She can't do that with my three old so she gets in trouble.

When she is home, if I need to cook or do dishes or chores, my three year old will just follow me around and 'help' or stay out of the way. As long as I chat with her she lets me get my work done. I don't understand how at daycare she can be such a troublemaker. It is like she is watching a completely different child. My 18 month old on the other hand has temper tantrum after temper tantrum and the daycare provider raves about her.

I suspect, she just doesn't like toddlers so she is just going to complain about her until I move her so she won't have to look after her anymore. She just doesn't want to bother to work with her.