View Single Post
Ariana 03:35 PM 03-21-2019
First of all she was extremely rude. She is worried about how low income families feel but could not extend any kindness to you? Very backwards thinking.

I am an ECE so we learned this as well and in a utopian world it makes perfect sense..you are so entitled that you see food as play when people are starving. I get it on an intellectual level but I think it is a dumb arguement. Is me not buying pasta to put in my sensory bin somehow helping starving people? It is very similar to people getting on their high horse with regards to sweat shops. Some of these people have nowhere else to work! Its either sweat shop or sex slavery (another topic entirely I know but similar arguement).

I also think it is irresponsible to tell daycare providers to not use cheap products in their sensory bins when most childcare providers are some of the lowest paid workers in the workforce. Most ECE’s and DCP’s barely make enough to get them above the poverty line. So as long as I am making a crappy wage while working 50 hours a week I will fill my bins with cheap lentils, pasta etc.