View Single Post
WDW 11:17 AM 06-08-2011
Originally Posted by laundrymom:
They can use whatever they want. I ask them to bring one to leave here. I just tell them I will wash it after each use. I then use that if they ask for a bottle to go. And I promptly put it in their cubby. I use plain old plastic gerber or evenflo. Brown or clear nipple I don't care. The flo is controlled by how tight you put on the collar and the bubbles come from the neck and collar contact point from the vacuum created by baby drinking. It's simple science. Air rises skyward. Not down to babies throat. They swallow air because of frequent relatching or poor attachment on nipple. Not because you can see bubbles rising as the baby drinks. I had a parent argue with me saying the browns bottles has no bubbles, I flat told her no because the straw vents tho bubbles to the bottom of the bottle where there is no liquid to SEE the bubbles. To prove my point I cut the straw of one in half and showed her how the bubbles formed when the liquid covered the end. Typical marketing ploy. Tell parents something will work, show them some testimonials, maybe do a small research study on how fussy babies are after using them but remember to only give the expensive one you want to sell to babies being held by a familiar person, who isn't over tired or hungry in a calm relaxed setting. To the " other brand" you have a stranger feed a very tired and hungry baby in a chaotic setting. Biased research.
Kind of like a sign over my husbands old factory jobs entry door said " the finest sanitary pottery workers in the USA enter these doors

Hmmmm

They were the only ones!!! All other jobs had already moved overseas.

Like I say chris is my favorite son, he's the only one I've got.

Anyway,.. Sorry hot button topic for me. Companies who use a parents fear, love,, or insecurities to sell product.
So you don't use the bottles they bring for you? Not being rude, I just know if I took my baby to dc and took bottles for him, I'd be really upset to learn you weren't using them. Maybe your parents are aware and it's not a big deal.