View Single Post
Josiegirl 02:46 AM 01-05-2018
Ugh, I have no idea why this bothers me sooo much. I have 2 3 yos and a 4 yo who do these types of things. Helpless when dcps come. Parents put their boots on, take them off, do coats, everything. Makes me crazy. We'll come in from playing outdoors and the 3 yos will get their jackets, hats and mittens off, then roll around on the floor, expecting me to finish the job. Nope. I have 2 LOs who DO need the help. After I do them, I walk away and ignore the helpless dcks. Sometimes they'll lay there for 30 minutes. But then they get into trouble. I mean, I *kind* of understand why parents do stuff for them, to get out of the house, but also, they're not learning self help skills or to listen to adults and do what's asked. The 3 yos came in pajamas yesterday morning because, even though they were up in plenty of time, dcm couldn't get them downstairs(they were too busy playing)to get them dressed. These girls do NOT listen when asked to do something. 98% of the time. They don't want to stop playing. And IF they do get up because I asked them to get ready, they always load up their arms filled with toys. Egads. Their darn toys are all sooo important. Drives me absolutely crazy.

Kind of a side question but, would it be a bad idea to give the 4 yo dcb a small treat when he helps by getting ready when asked? He's good about it when I ask him(it's just his mom dives in to do it for him). But I'm thinking if he gets a chocolate chip(or something) and the dcgs see it happening, they may fall into line too.