View Single Post
Abigail 08:08 PM 09-06-2010
I have a filing cabinet that I want to add a few extra folders of paper activities for 3-5 year old do be able to do. Crafts will never be just coloring in a coloring book, but I want something they can do for fun that is age appropriate for non-readers. Here are my ideas, please add more!

Hidden Pictures: I'm going to print off some hidden picture images so they can find the hidden image and circle it or color it. http://www.highlightskids.com/Gamesa...denArchive.asp

Word Finds: I could either find some EASY ones online or create a few with words like DOG, CAT, FISH, etc and make them all written across so they only need to find the order from left-right.....do you think this is too difficult? I would only have it be like 8 by 8 letters and print them big.

Matching Games: Have baby animals on the left and adult animals on the right for them to match. Have a name to an object match.

Writing Letters: Have the letter on the left and have a few spaces for them to practice on the right.

I'm really looking for just a few ideas to have for rainy days because we do some word finds at the daycare I work at but only school age children do these. I only take children up to K, so I need to make it EASY. Thanks for any ideas in advance!