View Single Post
Josiegirl 03:03 AM 04-20-2017
I wish I could take them places. I won't drive anywhere with them, used to a lot, when I had a minivan, but don't anymore. And I live up a steep hill(have walked up this hill 100's of times with a stroller surrounded by little ones and am too old to do it now), with nothing that close to us that would make walking feasible. It's all on the other side of town. We will be taking lots of leisurely walks from my house up to the top of our hill though, not as much traffic and we can scour the area for nature stuff.

I need to do the web idea; forgot about that. It might inspire them to come up with other ideas related to their original thoughts.

We started last summer doing different countries but after the first few weeks, all I heard was 'this is boring', 'I don't wanna do this'. So I said okay then, you're on your own. They did not put forth any effort at all on their part and I got very discouraged. I am not a teacher and evidently wasn't making it all fun and games like that thought it was going to be.
But I'm thinking if I can search for recipes and let them cook more, then put together a summer cookbook for them to take home, that might encourage their cooperation. To me, this is a difficult group. They all want to be boss and to get them to work together can be challenging. I don't seem to be very good at keeping them focused and working well together; I just don't seem to have what it takes some days. But I want them to have a good summer here.

We will definitely be having lots of outdoor water play, bring more art time outside, and I want to construct a water wall, they can certainly help with that. I will have to look into the Scholastic Reading program.
Thanks all!!