View Single Post
momma2girls 07:47 AM 08-12-2010
Originally Posted by legomom922:
I currently charge by the day, doesnt matter how many hrs they are here, 4 or 10, its 35.. I also have a 2 day miniumum, but I am thinking of raising that to a 3 day miniumum, which would then guarentee me at least 105 per wk for a PT. I'm just curious though how the rest of you handle PT? Do you have a certain amount of hr? or days that are considered PT? And at what point do you make the switch to say ok, this is considered FT? I currently consider 3 days PT but 4-5 days are FT.
I never had a min. days per week- til it just got way too much, and I wasn't getting paid near as much as I should have been- I had 2 children one day per week, 2 more 2 days, and one 3 days- It was even really tought to keep track of all of this- let alone the money thing- never again!! I have a 3 day min. now @ $30.00 per day. I am even thinking someday on raising that to $100.00- but my FT rate is $140.00, so I don't know- I would definately do at least a 3 day min. and place the rate higher than what you normally charge per day, to make it worth your while.
Another thing to add to this if they would like 4 days that is considered fulltime rate at the 4 days per week. Then I write it on the bottom of the contract that way- agreed upon 4 days @ _________