View Single Post
WBee 12:46 PM 03-05-2020
Originally Posted by Sunshine69:
Ugh! How annoying! It really is disrespectful and a disruption.

I would tell both sitter and DCM. You changed your program to accommodate and the sitter has snubbed you.

I get this too and there’s no easy solution. It’s not like you can block access to someone’s child because you are actually conducting business during those hours, even though it is nap time.

I also got sick of parents telling me they needed to pick up their child during nap, only to have them be up to an hour late. So here I am, keeping the child awake, who is making noise and keeping other kids awake and preventing me from using the rest room and eating my lunch. I finally got to the point where I just put all kids in nap time as scheduled and parent can text me when they get to my driveway. I will then wake their child, get them ready and meet them at the door with their child. That makes them wait for me, not the other way around. They are not allowed any further than the door because other kids are sleeping.

It’s not perfect. Sometimes the child is cranky and crying and wakes others, but it has eliminated me pacing by the window getting angrier by the minute and the parents are not as late as they don’t expect to show up and have the child ready to go. They need to plan their appointments with the expectation that they’ll wait when they get here.
She was supposed to call when near but stated she couldn't due to driving....??? I guess she doesn't know how to pull over either. Luckily, I didn't wake the child early. I guess I will speak to Mom in the a.m. As it is, DCM takes an Uber to get here. She's on state assistance. No vehicle. I just posted an ad on my business page also, just I case, as I have an open spot anyways. Maybe DCM will get the hint that I'm not happy.