View Single Post
littlemissmuffet 10:30 AM 05-14-2012
Originally Posted by lilcupcakes09:
Well this mother's day project finally got 2 out of 6 Thank You's..... it just amazes me how unappreciative people really are these days! We are talked about if we don't do projects with the kids because nobody seems to care, and it still goes unnoticed when we work everyday for a week each morning on our Mom's day project. But the kids were proud of them so that's all I care about

Happy Monday!
Sad, really. It's outrageous the things parents EXPECT out of us and then oftentimes do not even show any kind of appreciation for it. It's becoming less and less the norm for parents to express any kind of gratitude toward the people who CARE for and LOVE their children... often for more waking hours a day than the parents themselves.

I do arts and crafts for the kids. It's just a bonus part of my program, because lord knows that these ungrateful parent's monthly fees certainly do not cover the costs of our craft supplies. I LOVE how proud my kiddos are after they complete a project... and the fun they have while doing it. I really don't care what the parents think or say anymore.