View Single Post
youretooloud 07:48 AM 12-09-2012
This is just a vent with no actual advice needed. LOL

I had this boy this week who is nine months old, and seriously needs a haircut. But they "don't want to cut his beautiful baby hair". Which is silly, because it was nearly the first thing the mom said when dropping him off to me. I didn't bring it up, so it's obviously an issue at home.

It's that long, thin, whispy baby hair, that is uneven, and is much longer on the top and in the front than in the back, so his hair is always in his face.

He has a slightly runny nose...nothing bad, just normal baby boogers. His hair was always getting stuck in his boogers. If it wasn't stuck in his boogers, it was in his mouth, and it was FOREVER in his eyes.

But, mom and (maybe dad) see him and think "What beautiful hair", I see him and think "wow...he needs a hair cut".

So, on Friday, they picked up his professional pictures, and brought them to me to see. They LOVE these pictures. He is the most beautiful child they've ever seen, and his hair is wonderful. So, they are rightfully proud of these pictures. They adore this kid.

But, to me, the pictures aren't as cute as they would be if his hair was not across his face. To me, I see a messy boy doing an expensive photo shoot. Even a cute hat would have made him look really cute.

Last week, I clipped his hair out of the way a few times (with a girl clip that I made look more boy-ish) and then one of the other kids brought him a beanie shaped like Yoda. The yoda hat was seriously cute. Plus, he has red hair, so the yoda hat over red hair cracked me up every time. *He IS super cute when his hair is not in his face...I've only had three red headed kids in 35 years of daycare, so he's so very cute and unique*

Anyway... just my rant..... long wispy baby hair is not cute to me. I don't have a problem with long hair on boys, but not this thin unkempt infant hair.